Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Bitty Question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just got a new niece!!! My first cousin Nick and his wife gave birth to a little girl named Samantha Rose. Well, they do not own anything AG, and Samantha is not named after AG Samantha. I am going to get her Samantha when she is seven or eight. But for now to get her started with AG shall I get her Bitty? or shall I wait til she is old enough for Samantha. I do not know about Bitty, nothing on the collection and on the doll, I only held one once at AGP, soft body but the head/lumbs were hard.

    Question: What does everyone think of Bitty? Do you like her? Would you buy her for your daughter? Do your daughters or their friends have Bitty and enjoy playing with her/him? (Bitty Twins)

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Ria,

    Good questions! We do have Bitty, and just love her! She is the right size and weight for Diana, and we got her last xmas when she was 3-1/2. But I think any age is good for Bitty. As was discussed previously, they do have "baby" items for her and then some more toddler type items to "grow into".

    We have the My Twinn baby doll who is much larger and much heavier, and she doesn't get held very often, the poor thing!

    Also, if rumors are correct, when the Brunette Bitty Twins arrive, they will be finding a home with us, and all their twin's stuff! Plus, I think it would be really neat to have a "boy" doll too, and I don't have any problems with boys playing with dolls either.

    I love all the historicals but it's not often that we discuss Bitty here! Also, Diana has never "changed" her name, she's still Bitty Baby to us!

    Laurie

  3. #3
    Inactive Member mom_to_an_americangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2003
    Posts
    248
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My four year old daughter and two year old son received their bitties when they were a year old. My son has the bald baby as well as the bitty twin boy which he got at 2 years old. They and I adore them!! They are durable and loveable and my son carts his poor baby everywhere. We have an old bitty soft front cariier and the crib and changing table and they are all well made.

    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    from this mom!

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We have 2 BB and the Twins. Love them all! BB doesn't have hair for a baby to get into their mouth, but also have no eyebrows, which I think is odd. Twins are great for my 2 and 4yo who love to brush hair but I don't want them to brush the big dolls' hair. The twins have a beautiful complexion and a softer, lighter body (less stuffing) than BB and more expression. Boy's mouth is closed, girl's is open. I think they did this so you couldn't send the boy in for a girl replacement head. Their hands are the same as BB. Girl can wear BB clothes. Boy can but looks really odd. Our Paul is wearing the fall leaf outfit now, which is kind of boyish, with blue sailing set shoes.

    So, because of the hair issue mainly, I prefer the Twins. I just don't like the brown painted-on hair BB has.

    Forgot to say Congratulations! Have you seen her? Do they live nearby?

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 25, 2004 03:08 PM: Message edited by: OSusannah ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member bitty baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We have 5 Bitty's. #1, #2, #3 & the Bitty Twins. I prefer Bitty Baby over the Bitty Twins. I do love them all though. Almost everyone I know has a Bitty Baby young and old. The oldest being my husband's Grandmother at the age of 86!! The youngest being my cousin's daughter who got her Bitty Baby at birth. I say do for it! Bitty Baby is great! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Em10254's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 11th, 2003
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My niece is also named Samantha [img]smile.gif[/img] . I plan to do the same thing with her that you're going to do with your Samantha- buy her AG!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member schallerwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2004
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmm, dolls for infants is a tricky thing. Especially a costly doll. They cant appreciate them and it hangs out in the nursery and collects dust or takes up storage space until baby is old enough to play.

    I tend to wait until the child is 7 or 8 like you mention. So much play value at that age, and a great opportunity for Auntie to share her interest and have a special connection with the child.

    On the flip side however, I do think giving a Bitty to a toddler is a great idea. They are durable and the lack of hair is great for cleanup.

    If you cant wait, I would go with Samantha now rather than waiting til 7 because of the name connection.

    Nann

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ July 25, 2004 09:53 PM: Message edited by: Nann ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member mom4four's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2003
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congratulations! Mandy loved Bittty! I think she was 2 when she got her , and loved her to pieces for years. (and Bitty;s poor banged up head shows the proof). Bitty is the perfect first doll because she is so light and just the right size for a toddler to easily carry. We have a my twinn baby also and that thing is HEAVY. Mandy never played with it.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member lieu2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2003
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I bought my daughter the Asian bitty baby before she was born. My main reasons was it was the best Asian looking baby doll around and I wanted her to never remember a time before Bitty. She can't play with her yet (she is 6 months old) but she loves to look at her. I hold her up to my daughter and Kaitlin grabs at her and tries to put her head in her mouth. She smiles a lot at the doll. My daughter loves small cloth dolls and small hand held stuffed animasl. BTW, she is still terribly frightened by Elmo. I am not sure why.

  10. #10
    chrstnwmn7
    Guest chrstnwmn7's Avatar

    I got my daughter the Bitty Baby with brown hair and eyes last Christmas. She loved her. She wanted that one because she looks like my mom. Mamo as she calls her. I was so excited that I couldn't wait until she saw her. I am also planning on getting the twin girl for my neice who is 18 months. By Christmas, she will be the perfect age to play with her. I will keep the boy for myself since he looks exactly like my son did at a year old. I love the whole collection. Some of the accessories are too smal even for my 5 y/o to keep up with. I may wait until later for outfits and such. LOVE THESE DOLLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •